Remove this ad
A few year ago I played War Thunder for a few months when it was aviation only, at least until I decided I sorta suck at combat aviation sims.  But that game itself was amazing.

Now, about a year ago, Gaijin Entertainment launched their War Thunder Ground Forces (WTGF) expansion covering everything on the ground that World of Tanks covers and a whole lot more. 

WTGF has the tanks (American, German and Russian so far), but also have mobile anti-aircraft guns that you can play as well.  The graphics are hyper-realistic with amazingly convincing physics and combat actions.  I suppose the fact that I recently upgraded my rig is playing a large part in my enjoyment, but even with game settings maxed out in both games, the difference is starkly obvious.  I'll post the system requirements below, but here's their launch video from May 2014.  Those who play or played World of Tanks will note the obvious differences.  This is in-game footage, by the way. 

Anyway, I lack the words to amply describe the amazement you may experience when moving from WoT to WTGF, so all I can suggest, especially to WoT fans, is to give it a try.  There's no need to spend a dime at first anyway since like WoT, the lower tiers of WTGF are pretty forgiving financially.

WAR THUNDER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

For PC:
Minimum:
  • Processor: 2,2 GHz
  • Memory: 1 GB
  • Video Card: Radeon X26XX / GeForce 7800 GT
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 3 GB
Recommended:
  • Processor: Dual-Core 2,4 GHz
  • Memory: 4 Gb
  • Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 460 or higher, AMD Radeon 55XX series or higher
  • Hard Drive: 11 Gb
For Mac:Minimum:
  • Processor: Dual-Core 2,4 GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Video Card: AMD/Nvidia/Intel HD 4600
  • Hard Drive: 3 GB
Recommended:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7
  • Memory: 8 GB
  • Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680M or higher
  • Hard Drive: 11 GB

Last Edited By: LodacaiScoutApr 1 17 8:18 AM Edited 5 times.